This is a great opportunity to join our team in Ennis, Co. Clare. The successful applicant will join a team of lawyers, accountants, compliance specialists, transaction managers, company secretaries and corporate administrators.
The role of solicitor will handle legal review and administrative support for the setting up and management of special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and client companies for structured finance, aviation finance, aircraft leasing, intellectual property and financial services clients. The work will include all elements of transaction management and assisting the management team with client negotiations, client engagements and business development.
- Assisting with the setting up of Irish SPVs in structured finance, aviation finance, aircraft leasing and global restructuring transactions.
- Reviewing and executing legal agreements associated with structured finance, aviation leasing and global restructuring transactions from the perspective of the client companies/SPVs.
- Liaising with external parties, such as legal and tax advisors, investment managers, trustees and agency groups, arranging banks and others in order to achieve client objectives.
- Assistance with the development of client specific programmes to aid the mitigation of operational risk by monitoring compliance with key client obligations – certificates of no default, trustee waiver applications, director declarations, intake obligations, preliminary and final compliance procedures, tax compliance, Central Bank reporting etc.
- Build and maintain strong, responsive client relationships – serve clients, identify their business needs and obtain feedback on client satisfaction with company services.
- Drafting of engagement agreements and corporate documents for the business and client companies.
- Identify any legal or tax issues in relation to a transaction.
- Review and counsel the wider team on any new laws, regulations and directives applicable to the business.
- Primary Irish legal professional qualification.
- 2-4 years post-qualified with relevant work experience in a law firm or financial institution.
- Willingness to accept directorships on behalf of client companies.
- Up-to-date knowledge of corporate law, finance law and financial regulation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to work in an international, multicultural environment.
- Superb organisational and execution skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a busy workload and to prioritise work.
- Highly proactive, able to work autonomously, make decisions and use own initiative and judgment.
- Able to represent the company in a personable and friendly manner, upbeat and positive with high energy.
- Versatile team player – flexible, pragmatic, thorough, proactive and service minded.
- An outstanding, flexible work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a bright and positive outlook.
- We are offering a competitive remuneration package, together with excellent benefits, commensurate to qualifications and experience.
- Our hands-on approach means that each new employee is given significant responsibility from day one and is fully supported by the management team.
- We provide coaching and training to constantly improve our employees’ skills and ensure their continued professional development.